3 Weeks Out...
You know August is a month that quite literally flies by. I think for most it either drags on or if you're lucky, opening day is happening sometime soon. I am so jelly of folks hunting Utah or Nevada. For me, opening day is September 1st for whitetails and bear...scratch that, I do have a bear hunt mid august, but it is more of a elk scouting trip. This month means getting my September schedule at they gym covered by our coaches! Organizing a CrossFit competition for October, obtaining a location, sponsors, and getting the media materials out. Plus making sure all my responsibilities are done. Hopefully this week I can get to my mountain buck spot, finish setting up my stand, check my cameras to see who's big and what kind of shooters I have. There is so much to accomplish!
Monday August 3rd, 2015
1. Clean Deadlift + Clean Pull JOF (just off floor)+ Clean Pull Knee 2+2+2 3 sets | 70% #210
2. Clean Deadlift + Power Clean JOF + Front Squat + Jerk 2+2+1+1 5 sets | #185,185,195,210,210
3. Back Squat With Safety Bar Triples, Doubles, Single (max effort) #295
4. Snatch Deadlift + Snatch Pull JOF 2+2 | #210,210,220,220
5. Power Snatch 3x3 65,70,70% | #135,145,150
6. Accessory GHD Situps 20-15-10 + GHD Raises 8-6-5
PM Session Tabata 8 rounds :20 seconds on and :10 seconds off, no rest between movements
1. Row (cal) = 48 calories
2. Strict HSPU = 28 reps
3. Muscle Ups = 28 reps
4. Dubz = 237
Tuesday August 4th, 2015
1. Weightlifting - EMOMx10: 1 Snatch, start at 50% and climb
“Fight Gone Bad”
Three rounds of:
Wall-ball Shots (Reps), 20#
Sumo deadlift high-pull (Reps), 75#
Box Jumps, 20″ (Reps)
Push-press (Reps), 75#
336 reps, not my best score, but I am proud of my effort.
Shot my bow in the gym, 40 yards broadhead work.
Wednesday August 5th, 2015
1. Weightlifting | Power Clean and Jerk – EMOMx10: 3 Reps
Weighted Strict Pull-ups
| Work up to a heavy double
5 Rounds For Time:
3 Muscle ups
5 Power Cleans, 185/135
Thursday August 6th, 2015
Rest Day. Shot at the gym, worked on really dialing my release. Avoiding the easy instinct to command the release, rather a surprise lease while you only focus on aiming small. Broadheads looking good! Then after work my dad helped me pack in feed and minerals plus ladders and stands into one of my elk/deer spots in Washington. It was quite a haul! We left my house at 6pm and didn't pull into the driveway until 11pm. Hard work pays off!
Friday August 7th, 2015.
1. Warm-up 3x2 | 3 sets of Muscle Snatch knee + OHS #75,#75,#125
2. Snatch Pull Knee + Snatch knee 1+1 | #125,135,140,140
3. Snatch knee 1x2 | #140,150,160,160
4. Snatch 4x1 | #140,150,160,170
5. "31" 31 minute AMRAP:
8 Thrusters #155
6 15' Rope Climb Ascents
11 Box Jumps 30"
With a partner, one works on the triplet while the other performs a 400m Run with #70 Dball
7 rounds + 12
Took my nephews to the archery range and introduced them to shooting a recurve. They had a blast and the seed was planted. This is more important to me than just about any hunt out there. We have to pass on our heritage. Both boys (Riley and Reagan) don't have parents that hunt, so it is up to me to keep them exposed to their uncle's bowhunting way of life. Shot my broadheads out to 75 yards and worked on getting my arrows catalogued.