BEAR CAMP Monday and Tuesday, temps were in the high 80’s so the baits were not getting hit, and spot and stalk opportunities were
nonexistent. I believe the bear rut is very late this year, snow pack is record high, and so the bears are behind schedule. I suspect the high temps and full moon have the bears holding out in cool drainages and day activity is minimal. On Wednesday I got the call that my daughter broke her foot on a playground so I packed up early and came home to help out. Thursday I worked at the fire station so bear hunting was put on hold. Friday after work the whole family headed back up to the cabin.

Thursday 6/8/2017
1. 6 rounds of:
10 cal assault bike
10 sumo deadlift high pull #65
5 burpees
rest 1:00
2. 6 rounds of:
3 box squats (pause) #215 safety squat bar plus #80 chains
10 dumbbell bench press #70’s

Friday 6/9/2017
1. 16 minute you go I go with a partner:
10 snatches
30 double unders
snatch loads climbs each round: #75,95,115,135,155,175
2. 4 rounds of PROWLER push 50 meters #275

Saturday I took the family on a ATV ride and we got rained out. The clouds broke in the afternoon so I headed up to check my bait, it still hasn’t been hit. I spent the evening glassing up real high where I could see some deep dark canyons and with an hour of daylight left I spotted a blonde cinnamon bear at the bottom. I hopped on my bike, road about 5 miles and cut the distance in half. With 30 minutes left, I dropped a 1,000 feet and was at the bottom of the canyon with the wind in my face. I creeped up to 40 yards and the bear started acting funny. I ranged the bear and made the shot, didn’t get a pass through due to the angle, but the bear cartwheeled down the hill and hit its stride running right past me. I gathered up all my gear and tracked the blood for about a half mile as the bear lost a ton of blood. The bear crossed the creek and expired within earshot. I took a few pics, skinned the bear, deboned meat and packet it out of that hell hole. I got back to my back at midnight and rolled into camp at 1am. It was an epic spot and stalk evening. The bear isn’t huge, but is absolutely gorgeous. I am proud of this bear and the effort it took to make it happen. All glory to God.